Fersfield sign

The History of Fersfield

Fersfield picture

FERSFIELD is a village and parish in Diss hundred, Guiltcross union, diocese of Norwich, archdeaconry of Norfolk, rural deanery of Redenhall, and Diss county court district, East Norfolk, 5 miles W.N.W. of Diss station. The population is about 300, and the acreage 1,400. The Duke of Norfolk is lord of the manor and principal landowner. This place gave birth to the Rev. Francis Blomefield, who was rector of this parish for 23 years, and also projector and writer of the History of Norfolk, published in the 17th century. The church of St. Andrew is an old edifice. The interior contains monuments of Sir Robert and William du Blois, by whom it was re-built. The living is a rectory, annual value £400, in the incumbency of the Rev. George W. Darby, M.A. [J. G. Harrod & Co.‘s Royal County Directory of Norfolk with Lowestoft in Suffolk, 1877.]

The sections below will take you to what we currently have about the history of Fersfield.

Currently available data for Fersfield
(Use the searches to find individual records )

Nothing to search yet

Photos of Fersfield as it is now .....

Nothing to display yet



  [ Home ] [ Local ]  

Page last updated: 8 Apr 2022
© Diss Family History Group & Nigel Peacock 2022