Bressingham sign

The History of Bressingham

Bressingham picture

BRESSINGHAM is a village 3 miles N.W. of Diss station, in Diss hundred, rural deanery of Redenhall, diocese of Norwich, archdeaconry of Norfolk, Guiltcross union, and Diss county court district, East Norfolk; contains 596 inhabitants and 2,300 acres. The church is dedicated to St. John the Baptist. The living is a rectory, annual value £455, with residence, in the gift of the Duke of Norfolk. The incumbent is the Rev. George Henry Clarke Bidwell, M.A., who is also lord of the manor. Here is a farm called the Gate Farm, from the fact of there being three gates hanging on one post, and is considered by the parties living in the neighbourhood to be one of the greatest curiosities in Norfolk. [J. G. Harrod & Co.‘s Royal County Directory of Norfolk with Lowestoft in Suffolk, 1877.]

The sections below will take you to what we currently have about the history of Bressingham.

Currently available data for Bressingham
(Use the searches to find individual records )

Nothing to search yet

Photos of Bressingham as it is now .....

Nothing to display yet



  [ Home ] [ Local ]  

Page last updated: 12 Jul 2022
© Diss Family History Group & Nigel Peacock 2022